Monday, October 19, 2009

Penang , Malaysia

I have come to Malaysia with my father and nephew Viji for 8 days. My father came to Penang as an infant and stayed till he was 14 years and so lots of memories for him .It was great to meet my friend Naga . who is now a Consultant Surgeon at a Govt Hospital in Malaysia. 
On our day 1 here in Penang we got some rest and went to the Pasar Malam(Night Market) in the evening. It was a great introduction to the food culture here in Malaysia. The range of food here extended from fruits and vegetables to cuttle fish and quill. 
Naga tells me that the best food is  one which hawkers cook near the drainage ( waste management site if you would like clarification). So at 11pm we went to the popular drainage site and ate some Koey Goreng( Flat noodles made with pork oil,prawns, eggs and soy sauce). The food was excellent. The photo of the fruits includes the Durian which has an unmistakable smell, and tastes really good.
Prabhakar

No comments: